This weekend, we braved the High Uinta's and went on our very first "Christmas Tree Hunt". We've never really had it in our budget to buy a real live Christmas Tree and because Papa A likes live ones better, we'd always wait til the last minute to put up our fake one (just in time for Santa to come). But not this year folks! This year, we went the Saturday after Thanksgiving and got a permit for $12.50 ( I waited in a very looong line too mind you, and on the way in there was a guy that yelled "Go get your trees somewhere else!!" I'm sure he was joking but you never know...). We stayed with our friends at their cabin and they took us around on their Rangers to go find our very own live Christmas Tree!! The kids had a blast!! But best of all, we have a tree that we all got to pick out...I might add that it came complete with a Bird's Nest that Hannah didn't want to leave behind...sorry lil homeless bird family (but seriously, it looked like the birds had abandoned it a while back to fly south for the winter ~ so it's all good right?).
P.S. The picture of us all together is of us standing in front of the tree before we cut it down.


10 comments:
Love it! We always get our tree from the forest and it is the best tradition EVER.
<3 and miss you, girlie!
Look at you go! We're artificial tree people ourselves. We don't like the hassle. So we buy some pine scented Scentsy and put up the artificial tree. So the last time we did our Christmas tree hunting was three years ago when we finally had the $$$ to get something nice.
What a perfect little tree. Plus a fun little outing. My husband is with your husband and hates fake trees. Must run in the family. ;)
How fun!! That will be such a fun memory for your kids!! I can't believe how big they are getting...especially Hannah!! Where does the time go? Have fun decorating...that should be the next post. :)
I am so jealous!!! That was always a favorite outing for me as a kid! I loved "Christmas Tree Hunting"! What an awesome memory for you and your family!!!!
yay for you!!! love the pics and welcome back to the blogosphere
I'm glad you're able to do the same. It already looks like Christmas with all that snow. I grew up with an artificial tree and when we got married Darren said we would always have a real tree. Now that I'm older I'm ready to go back to artificial, hehehe. However I've been warned, "not in this lifetime", by the kids, lol! I must say it has always been a tradition to go together to get the tree.
We cut our own tree this years as well how fun. I am glad to see you moved. I hope you like it. We finally got in our house so come and see me when you are Christmas shopping in my neck of the woods.
That is so fun!!! They do that in the tiny town I live in too and you can cut a tree for only $5!!!
The first year I was married, we decided to go cut down our tree. We pulled off the road in the canyon and went out to find the perfect tree. I didn't know we would have to hike miles in knee-high snow (me in tennis shoes)just to find the stupid thing. Well I had no idea you had to have a permit either. But I learned quickly as Rusty shoved me head first into the snow behind the truck as car headlights were approaching so we wouldn't get busted...I guess it was my Smith family initiation. You can bet I've had a fake tree ever since.
It is so great to get any sort of update from you...hopefully we'll be reading more from you!
Post a Comment