In our endeavors to save ourselves from having to ask people to help us when we move big items (and also because we got a honkin' huge Old Skool trailer from friends of ours) we decided to "invest" in an old truck. Well, needless to say, that very truck has been left home with me and the kids this summer so that we can afford to have Aaron home at least every other weekend, if not every...Diesel is expensive and both our vehicles run on it, the Passat gets 47 miles to the gallon so one can see WHY I would be left with THE BEAST!! Following are a few pictures of our wonderful Beast.


As you may have noted in the second shot, there isn't a step-up for me and the kids to utilize, so on days that I remember, I drag down our trusty ol' bathroom stool so that we can all "safely" make it into the monstrous truck...I mean it's hard enough to get into a truck like that anyhow but add a wondrous lift kit to it and it's almost impossible!! But with "bathroom stool" in tow, nothing is impossible; I can even load groceries into this Mam-Ma Jam-Ma of a bad boy truck!!


My dear husband decided to help me in accesorizing the truck by picking out the ugliest steering wheel cover he could find (per my request of course) and placing my "Hawaiianized" stickers in strategic locations. I know you are all thinking it, and I have to say, YES, I do get some looks, in fact just yesterday I had a bunch of high school/college boys almost run their HUGE truck into a little car with their "rubberneckin'" It was hilarious!!! They were probably wondering, "What in the heck ('cause that's what Utah boys say in their heads) is that little Filipino/Mexican/Polynesian/Exotic (bwahahaha) lady doing driving a truck 20 times her size??"
I can't complain really, having the truck for the summer has been kind of like owning a circus elephant, once I have "The Beast" tamed, it's good for putting on a great show!!
9 comments:
That is hilarious!!! You should have added some pictures of you trying to get in so peeps would really see how much of a chore it really is to get into. Oh!!! And how low the seat is to the floor!!! I'm 5'9", but I know if I were to sit in that beauty of a beast of yours I'd be stretchin' my neck up to see over the steering wheel. hahahaha Love it!!!! :)
OMG! There's even gauges for your "bullydog system"! hahahahahaha (Remind me to tell you what that is later.) Yeah, you should have someone take a pic of you trying to get in or at least behind the wheel so we can see just how "beasty" this truck really is!
That is truly a classic!! I can totally see you driving the beast and who doesn't have a huge truck here in Utah? Well, except for us! If we had a truck, carl would be asked to help people move every weekend. haha
Bwahahahahah! I'm sure you look hot driving the Beast! Aaron might regret leaving you with it...he's going to have to beat up those high schoolers to get to you on the weekends that he's home. :o)
I am seriously peeing my pants I'm laughing so hard! I love the bathroom stool! You are so funny. I bet you are one hot Utah-country mama driving this bad boy!
Oh, I love this. I didn't know you were going to put it on your blog. Thanks for the laugh! Also, the first picture the colors are great.
I love the beast! And I love your description of it. I have always had a soft spot for big trucks, I can't tell you how long I have wanted one. I love small girls in big trucks. Way to go on braving the beast.
We have an extra set of runner boards for our dodge truck, I don't know if they would fit on a ford but its worth a shot if you are intreasted. :)
that first shot is great!
Post a Comment