Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Still Unpacking

So here we are in Elko, Nevada, the end of Week 2, and we are STILL UNPACKING! Nobody tells you the kind of trash you can collect when you've lived in a house big enough that you don't even notice you had all that junk to begin with (and really, at our old place, it wasn't junk, it was TOTALLY usable stuff...right?)!! Anyhoo, in unpacking, I've been able to DEJunk our Funk and it's been fun, but it's also taking me forever!! Yes, that does mean that we had a LoT (probably more like "mostly") of junk in our home. This also means that when a moving company moves you, even though you think it's great because you don't have to do a thing, it also sucks big time because once you unpack you realize they packed A LOT of stuff you would've otherwise tossed, had you done the packing yourself.

So anyway, this all to say, that I don't have too many fun and interesting things going on right now, but the kids and I are adjusting and I think Aaron likes his job pretty well. If it weren't for his bad back that he's had for the last 3 weeks, I think he'd be liking his job even better. Here's to more unpacking, and maybe more fun posts :-D!

{and here's a picture just for fun, of the kids on their first day of school here}

4 comments:

EmmaP said...

YAY!!!

Let the party begin... said...

Gotta love de-cluttering, lol! Looking forwad to your new adventures in Elko!

The Mighty Miners said...

that's what we noticed when the movers moved us... they even moved little things of garbage...wierd. So what did you end up doing with your house? Did it sell? So glad things worked out for you guys! Exciting to move on! Happy for you guys!

Rachel said...

Moving is always such a chore but I'm glad you guys are settling in! Your kids are SO cute!