Had two sick boys this week and a lucky girl that never caught whatever it is the boys had. Hallelujah!! She stresses out whenever she misses school....which makes me hope that this next week will go alright because we are taking the kids out of school to go House Hunting this upcoming week in Elko. Heaven Help Us, I hope we find something because there seems to be a Home/Apartment Shortage out in the middle of nowhere Elko...go figure!Anyhoo, to end this short post I want to pose a question to whomever may read this - to preface it, let me share a little something that I overheard on Friday while eating lunch at Subway with my family...there were a bunch of business guys eating at a table right by us and they were having a discussion/lunch meeting about Customer Service and how the company's reps might give better service. It was a pretty intense conversation. Anyway, at the end of the conversation, one of the guys says to the other, "Gosh, I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't depress you. It really wasn't my intention to depress you with all that we've talked about today", to which the man he's speaking to replies, "Oh no, you didn't depress me at all ~ That's my Wife's job!" *chuckle, Chuckle, Laugh, Laugh* Needless to say, I was about to turn around and give that man the Stink Eye, and then punch him in the eye!! I was so UPSET! Aaron on the other hand found my anger a bit amusing because he says that the guy only meant it in jest. So I asked him, is that something men find funny??? Making wives the brunt of a joke? It also got me to thinking though , how many of us Wives whine about our husbands behind their back? I made a promise to myself right then and there to only speak about the good in my husband (which I think I already try to do..well, most of the time) and that if I ever run into the guy again, I really will Punch him!! {c'mon, y'all know I won't}. Oh and my question to you all is, "How often do you find yourself complaining about your spouse behind their back, even if it is only in jest?"
P.S. I know the picture has NOTHING to do with the post, but I find I like posting pics up with a post, better than not. :D It was a picture taken this week so I guess it is somehow related...right?
3 comments:
Interesting thought! I do sometimes make jokes about my husband about things that I think are absolutely wonderful. I think I fold into that peer pressure of joking about the spouse. I think I am meaner to my husband face to face than behind his back. I am trying to change that though. I got super lucky to be tied to this wonderful guy for eternity, i should probably honor him better :) Love ya Ardis!!
Hi. You don't know me, so I hope this doesn't freak you out. I linked to your blog while blog-surfing through Aubrey Sproat Seeholzer's blog (I know her, if that helps). Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that my best friend's daughter moved to Elko from Cache Valley about a year ago. She was pretty nervous about it, but they love it! It not as bad of a place as everyone thinks it is. Anyway, when you get there, keep your eyes open for David and Hilrary Fonua, and their little boy, Roman. They are awesome. Good luck with your move.
Ardis you know I have one of the most amazing husband on the planet! Having said this, I'm so grateful for this post because lately I have been finding fault with him in everything he does. I think, no, I know it's because he's becoming more and more like his dad, who has never held me in high regards. To be honest, I've been a real $@'(!/-! and he doesn't deserve it at all! So on that note, thanks for making me realize that he's still the most amazing husband on the planet...he has to be if he puts up with me and still loves me, lol!
Post a Comment