Friday, August 8, 2008

The things we do for love....

Have you ever been "boy sandwiched"...this is what my daughter says when she gets stuck between two boys ~ whether it's sitting between boys in Primary Sharing Time or sitting down at a table in a restaurant. I'm not sure where she got the term, but I'm quite sure I now know what it feels like.

One morning after nursing my son and deciding to lay him next to me, I hear the "stomp patter" of Bubba's feet (Hannah's feet sound more like pitter patter so that's how I knew it wasn't her) wandering the hall outside my room. He comes in telling me he's afraid of something or other and I'm waaaaaay too tired to bring him back to bed so I invite him to sleep alongside me as long as he can be quiet and go right back to sleep. Well about 30 minutes into it, I realize that this is not a very good sleeping arrangement because the only position for me would be to lay on my side, like a slice of Bologna, between my two darling boys. That's when I realized ~ "I'm being sandwiched by my two 'white with a lil bit o' wheat' bread boyz" ~. Needless to say, I climbed over Bubba to get my picture and proceeded to go back to sleep on the floor of my bedroom.

Aaaaah the things we do for love (and for just an extra hour of sleep!)




4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

That picture is so precious. A boy sandwich is practically my favorite thing in the world. I love it when I walk into a restraunt with my family and I look around and say, "How lucky am I to be here with the four best-looking boys in the place?" There is something to be said for always being "the princess." There are definitely worse things than a boy sandwich--except when you are six. :)

tearese said...

cute picture! I've been in that position with my two as well. Not very comfortable!

Jen said...

That is so sweet! I've tried to have Brayker sleep next to me and I end up kicking him out...I feel sorry for whoever he marries!

Ali said...

I love it!! Aren't they wonderful when they are sleeping? Savanna has been "sandwiched" a few times. I think she likes it.